East and Southeast Asia Learning Community: Call for consultants
Partners for Prevention is supporting a practitioners’ Learning Community in East and SE Asia. The Learning Community aims to share knowledge across the region to promote gender justice and end violence against women. The Learning Community will collectively design a regional curriculum and implement trainings and will take a critical approach to both knowledge creation and leadership training. Please see the one page description at:
To support this process, we are seeking a number of practitioners and/or academics from the region to contribute to a regional curriculum by helping to shape content and training modules on the following topics :
1. Feminism & Human Rights Based Approaches: Understanding the principles of feminism and human rights approaches and their applications for long-term social change.
2. Patriarchy and Gender Power Relations: Understanding patriarchy as a system of power/hegemony/hierarchy. Understanding gender as relational and its uses in constructing/maintaining unequal power relations.
3. Masculinities: Understanding masculinities – what they are and how are they used. Connections among masculinities and gender-based violence.
4. Gender-based Violence: Understanding various forms of gender-based violence, and the intersections among different types of violence and power systems. Understanding risk and protective factors for perpetration and victimization across the social ecology (from individual to the larger social/structural levels).
5. Movement-building and Social Change: Understanding the long term process of social change and different theories of how change happens. Understanding models and examples of how to build movements and solidarity for change.
6. Leadership and Activism: Understanding leadership as visionary, inspirational and exemplary. Understanding management and facilitation skills, styles and techniques for organizational and personal development.
To help guide the process overall, we are also seeking applications for a senior technical advisor for regional curriculum development in the East & Southeast Asia region.
The Terms of Reference (TOR) for both consultancies can be found at:
Curriculum Content and Training Module Developers
Senior Technical Advisor for Regional Curriculum Development
The application deadline is Monday, July 4, 2011.
Interested persons should apply in accordance with the application process as mentioned in the attached TOR.
For more information on this initiative, please contact Khamsavath Chanthavysouk at Khamsavath.Chanthavysouk@undpaffiliates.org