LIGHTS, CAMERA, BOL: The Must Bol Film Contest
Are your Filmmaking dreams hampered by a lack of a video camera? Let us help you…
Must Bol, a youth led campaign against gender violence, invites young filmmakers to participate in an online short film contest. At Must Bol, we believe that young people have something to say and can use films to express themselves. So borrow a camera to make a film and win your own Video Camera!
We invite young people to share creative cinematic expressions on one of the following:
• Body Image Issues (like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rItSVR6jc)
• Gender Stereotypes (like http://mustbol.in/video-blog/dream-girl)
• Violence within Relationship (like http://mustbol.in/video-blog/textual-violence)
We will love it if these films are from your personal experiences, but even an original perspective on the issue would do. And you are free to try different genres of films too, they can be…
• Simple fiction (like http://mustbol.in/video-blog/textual-violence)
• or Documentary (like http://mustbol.in/video-blog/dream-girl)
• or Just extempore sharing (like http://mustbol.in/video-blog/kitchen-and-men)
Please send in a YouTube link of the film to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 5th December 2011. The winning entries will win a Samsung Video Camera and two runner ups will get Apple iPods. Most importantly, the better Films will also be showcased in Must Bol Film Screenings and be part of a compilation DVD.
• Filmmakers should submit original work only
• The Films should be less then 3 minutes long
• The films should be in Hindi/English or subtitled in English.
• Filmmakers will retain copyright to their work, but Must Bol Campaign may screen the films in online and offline spaces.
Please check our website www.Mustbol.in & our Facebook pagewww.facebook.com/DelhiYouth to engage further & find out more about Must Bol as well as Filmmaking Contest.
Must Bol is an initiative of Commutiny the Youth Collective (www.commutiny.in) and is part of the Partners for Prevention project, “Engaging Young Men through Social Media for the Prevention of Violence against Women,” which aims to connect and inspire young people to take action to end gender-based violence.
Must बोल is a youth led campaign to examine violence in our lives and speak out against it. I am part of it, why don’t you join us on http://MustBol.in/ and engage with us on http://www.Facebook.com/DelhiYouth
Get up and Speak Out, because your opinion matters!!